Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.23
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $20.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
About this product
- DescriptionLegendary investor Warren Buffett posed this challenge to his son in 2006, when he anunced he was leaving the bulk of his fortune to philanthropy. Howard G. Buffett set out to help the most vulnerable people on earth-nearly a billion individuals who lack basic food security. And Howard has given himself a deadline: 40 years to put more than $3 billion to work on this challenge. 40 Chances: Finding Hope in a Hungry Worldis a new book that captures Howard's journey. Beginning with his love for farming, we join him around the world as he seeks out new approaches to ease the suffering of so many. It is told in a unique format: 40 stories that will provide readers a compelling look at Howard's lessons learned, ranging from his own backyard to some of the most difficult and dangerous places on Earth. This book presents a way of thinking that speaks to every person wanting to make a difference. It's a mind-set, providing reasons to hope and actions to take. About new approaches that are desperately needed. 40 Chancesprovides inspiration to transform each of our limited chances into opportunities to change the world.
- Author BiographyHoward G. Buffett is the President of the Howard G. Buffett Foundation. A farmer, businessman, politician, photographer, and philanthropist, he has dedicated his life to wildlife conservation and finding solutions to world hunger. He is a United Nations Goodwill Ambassador Against Hunger, and serves on the corporate boards of Berkshire Hathaway, the Coca-Cola Company, and Lindsay Corporation. His son, Howard W. Buffett, has authored several of the stories in 40 Chances and accompanied his father to developing countries around the world.
- Author(s)Howard G. Buffettt
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication24/10/2013
- SubjectBiography: Business
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2013
- ImprintSimon & Schuster
- Out-of-print date05/08/2014
- Content Noteb&w photos throughout
- Weight624 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.