All listings for this product
About this product
- Description40 Questions About Baptism and the Lord's Supper, appropriate for the student and thoughtful layperson, answers forty of the most common and most difficult questions about the two Protestant ordinances. There is significant diversity of views on these subjects and the skilled, even-handed biblical analysis sheds lights on the many theological and pastoral considerations regarding baptism and communion. Baptism and the Lord's Supper are practiced by almost all Christian churches, but they disagree on the meaning, proper participants, even the proper names for these observances. This book includes the major theological issues (such as infant baptism, open and closed communion, and the nature of God's activity in these celebrations), the views held by different deminations (from Roman Catholic to Lutheran, Reformed, Baptist, and others), and a number of practical issues (such as the proper age at which to baptize a child, the frequency with which the Lord's Supper should be observed, and whether these two practices should be observed only in churches). This volume will be helpful to pastors, worship leaders, college and seminary students, and of interest to all Christians who want to grow in their understanding of these two basic Christian acts of worship. Each chapter is succinct and readable, with foottes indicating additional sources for those who wish to go further.
- Author BiographyJohn S. Hammett (Ph.D. in philosophy, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary; D.Min., Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary) is professor of systematic theology at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. He has written several articles for journals and magazines and was a pastor and missionary before becoming a professor.
- Author(s)John S. Hammett
- PublisherKregel Publications,U.S.
- Date of Publication02/07/2015
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Series Title40 Questions & Answers
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKregel Publications,U.S.
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $37.05Trending at AU $39.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.