All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the engrossing story of the seasons the author spent climbing 4000m mountains in the different regions of the Alps. It is also about the people with whom he climbed who found time out of their day-to-day routine for this extraordinary activity. He explains the reason for this fascination which resulted in their spending decades pursuing their climbing objectives. The words and photos both encapsulate the alpine experience in all its beauty and suffering, pain and exhilaration, danger and humour which is shared with each climbing partner and open to anyone with the same commitment. The author believes that climbing all the 4000m mountains is a realistic and achievable objective that will take mountaineers into much wild and beautiful terrain. These are t just sw plods: every mountain has a worthwhile route on it and even those with long glacier approaches can become superb ascents and descents on ski in an alpine spring. The many photos taken over the years were a reminder of details that had escaped tice in the journals kept at the time. These numerous stunning and inspiring photographs tell their own story and enrich the author's account.The book is dedicated to all his climbing partners who made the completion of the quest possible.
- Author BiographyDave Wynne-Jones has had numerous articles, stories and photographs published with a large number of his photos featured in The High Mountains of the Alps, vol I. He has taken part in 27 expeditions, 20 of which he has led, and 30 first ascents of unclimbed summits or new routes on peaks. He has an enduring love of mountains and a lifelong dedication to climbing.
- Author(s)Dave Wynne-Jones
- PublisherWhittles Publishing
- Date of Publication07/03/2016
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationCaithness
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWhittles Publishing
- Content Note120 photos, full colour throughout
- Weight953 g
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.