CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $97.89
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
About this product
- Description<strong>48 Hours in London</strong> London is one of those cities that simply oozes cool. It contains a paradoxical mix of old fashioned British elegance and cutting edge modern atmosphere. The city has a very diverse nightlife and dining scene with everything from the must humble pint in a down to earth pub to the trendiest cocktail in a chic party hotspot. It is also a great place to see some world class theatre on the West End and to listen to some live music. London rich with history and during your 48 hour stay you can look back through the stories of many centuries by visiting the Tower of London, Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, strolling along the Thames River and more. <em>John Jones' =</em><strong>London travel guide</strong> will give you an insight into the history and culture of the city and present you with an action-packed 48 hour itinerary featuring lots of great ideas for travel experiences. Whether you're looking for a tour of the greatest hits of London or looking to eat a basket of fish 'n' chips at your favorite musician's local haunt, Jones deftly puts together an itinerarythat covers both the historical and modern wonders of the city. Are you ready for your London adventure?
- Author BiographyJohn Jones is the bestselling author of a series of travel books best known for their stylistic blending of humor and musical references. Though born a Canadian, Jones is in every way a citizen of the world, claiming to not have spent more than a full week straight at his apartment in Toronto since the late 90's. Jones first developed his wanderlust as a child when his father, a roadie for Neil Young, The Band and other stalwarts of the late 70's rock scene would take his young son with him on trips following the death of his mother. Seeing the American landscape through the windows of tour buses left an indelible mark on the young Jones, and he began journaling about the sights he'd see, not knowing that his scribblings in composition notebooks would eventually lead to a career. As he entered his twenties, Jones attempted to hold down several desks jobs but continually found himself feeling restless when staying in one place for too long, and eventually found work writing freelance travel pieces for various small publications. Many of these essays were included in his debut travel volume, I'm Not From Around Here: An Outsider's Guide to America published in 1994. The book, which earned Jones a cult following, was followed up by the equally successful Gonna Need a Bigger Coat, highlighting several trips through some of the world's coldest climates during their winter months. The success of both books allowed Jones to make travel his full-time job. Jones' writing is noted for it's tone of voice which somehow blends a fish out of water feel with his honed skill for adapting to the cultures of a given area. Readers often marvel at how the author is able to make them feel as if they are sitting right next to him, whether it's on the Trans-Siberian railway or the back of a donkey heading up the Andes Mountains. Unable to distance himself from his musical heritage, Jones is well known for including his personal playlists in his writing, recommending songs for readers to listen to along with a given chapter or section, or citing a specific track during his descriptions of landscapes. While several hollywood studios have optioned his writings for film adaptations, fans often joke that the reason none have been filmed yet is because no one could afford all the music rights. Jones is currently set to publish his 25th book, I Am From Around Here, his first book to exclusively cover his Canadian homeland.
- Author(s)John Jones
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication11/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight122 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.