All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
About this product
- DescriptionChemistry is at the cutting edge of our lives. How does a silicon chip work? How can we harness natural products to combat human disease? And is it possible to create artificial muscles? Providing answers to these questions and many more, 50 Chemistry Ideas You Really Need to Kw is an engaging guide to the world of chemistry. From the molecules that kick-started life itself to natechlogy, chemistry offers some fascinating insights into our origins, as well as continuing to revolutionize life as we kw it. In 50 short instalments, this accessible book discusses everything from the arguments of the key thinkers to the latest research methods, using timelines to place each theory in context - telling you all you need to kw about the most important ideas in chemistry, past and present. Contents include: Thermodynamics, Catalysts, Fermentation, Green Chemistry, Separation, Crystallography, Microfabrication, Computational Chemistry, Chemistry Occurring in Nature, Manmade Solutions: Beer, Plastic, Artificial Muscles and Hydrogen Future.
- Author BiographyHayley Birch is a freelance science writer and editor based in Bristol. She has written for Nature, New Scientist, the Observer, the Telegraph and BBC Focus, and in the past five years has written over 100 articles for the Royal Society of Chemistry's magazine, on everything from recycling tea leaves to synthetic cells. She has also written and recorded several podcasts for the 'Chemistry in its Element' series, and co-authored The Big Questions in Science (Carlton, 2013). In addition to her freelance work, Hayley regularly writes news and in-depth reports for the Science for Environment Policy News service published by the European Commission.
- Author(s)Hayley Birch
- PublisherQuercus Publishing
- Date of Publication05/11/2015
- SubjectPopular Science
- Series Title50 Ideas You Really Need to Know Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQuercus Publishing
- Weight540 g
- Width184 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.