All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThey've shaped our modern age, whether it's the chair we're sitting in, the computer we're reading on, or the house we're living in. Design is everywhere, and this volume profiles fifty of the most influential figures over the past century. From the first bentwood chairs by Thonet to the holistically designed worlds of Bauhaus and le Corbusier, and from the signature styles of designers such as Charles and Ray Eames, Eileen Gray, and Philippe Starck to internationally-kwn brands like Swatch, Muji, and Apple, the designers here are profiled in double-page spreads packed with fascinating background information, photographs, and illustrations. As inspiring as it is informative, this far-reaching book celebrates the impact that design has on our daily life.
- Author BiographyNINA KOZEL is a freelance editor and journalist for several online magazines. CLAUDIA HELLMANN is an author and journalist specializing in film, travel and design. HAJO DUCHTING is an art historian, artist and author. His books include Pablo Picasso, Wassily Kandinsky, and Paul Klee (all Prestel).
- Author(s)Claudia Hellman,Hajo Duchting,Nina Kozel
- Date of Publication26/09/2012
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Note150, 30 in colour
- Weight599 g
- Width195 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.