All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.41Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionHow have Americans changed, ten years after 9/11? In telling the stories of people with something undeniably in common, 50 Main Street inspires readers to focus on the fundamental similarities they experience in their lives, rather than dwell on differences. Ribelli flew 31,000 miles, drove ather 16,000 miles, spent a few hours on trains, and even enjoyed some ferryboat rides to reach all of his destinations. In a time when society seems more divided than ever, whether it be by political party lines, religious beliefs, social issues, or immigration policies, Ribelli chooses to focus on Americans with something in common their address to rediscover the people that embraced him when he first moved to the United States. The book moves seamlessly from state to state and introduces readers to Main Street, from the twin firefighters in Pennsylvania to 100-year-old Ralph in Nebraska. Recent immigration is described in the stories of a Christian Iraqi girl in Michigan and a Puerto Rican pediatrician in Massachusetts. A n-judgmental, modern-day Alexis De Tocqueville and more positive than Sinclair Lewis, Ribelli shares laughs, tears and even the occasional fried pie recipe.
- Author BiographyAt age 27, Piero Ribelli left Italy, moved to the United States, taught himself English, and started a new life as a professional photographer. Ranging from travel, portraiture and photojournalism, his photographs have appeared in magazines around the world He lives in New York City. Douglas Brinkley lives in Austin, TX. Mike Rowe lives in San Francisco.
- PublisherCameron & Company Inc
- Date of Publication09/08/2012
- SubjectPeople & Places: General
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCameron & Company Inc
- Content NoteColor photos throughout
- Weight2099 g
- Width241 mm
- Height330 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Photographer(s)Piero Ribelli
- Foreword byDouglas Brinkley
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.