All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionBaseball is a game of incredible moments, awe-inspiring feats, and dramatic finishes. But t all of these events actually impacted the game itself or the players still to come. Moments such as Lou Gehrig's last Opening Day appearance, the very first All-Star game, or Mickey Mantle's first game to hit home runs from both sides of the plate are iconic t because they were game-changing plays, but because they affected the course of baseball history. In 50 Moments That Defined Major League Baseball, Rocco Constanti provides a fresh history of the national pastime by recounting the most extraordinary and iconic moments-both rewned and obscure-that shaped the game as it moved from the Dead Ball Era, through World War II, and on to the modern era. Events include Jackie Robinson's first All-Star Game, Babe Ruth's 50th home run in his first season as a Yankee, Hank Aaron's first career home run, and many more. Highlighting these moments are Constanti's exclusive interviews with over 50 former Major League Baseball players, managers, and umpires, as they candidly share their memories and provide commentary on these impactful events. Many of the players interviewed played in the World Series or an All-Star Game, including Rod Carew, Fred Lynn, Shawn Estes, and Jeff Montgomery. 50 Moments That Defined Major League Baseball features rarely seen historic photographs of baseball immortals and modern photos of today's stars. With two bonus chapters that include first-hand entertaining anecdotes from baseball icons and moving statements about those who helped them reach the sport's pinnacle, this book is an engaging read for baseball fans and historians alike.
- Author BiographyRocco Constantino is an NCAA athletics administrator at Bloomfield College and baseball historian. He is also a freelance writer, most recently as a featured columnist for Bleacher Report and Baseball Hot Corner.
- Author(s)Rocco Constantino
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication20/05/2016
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Note15 black & white halftones
- Weight522 g
- Width161 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.