All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAt a time of corrosive popular cynicism and profound international unease, the need for clarity over the fundamental concepts of politics has never been greater.The forces of Terrorism and Fundamentalism endanger our Security, while government responses to it pose a basic threat to Liberty, Democracy and Human rights. Corruption, Spin and a suspect Political culture arouse public indignation, which is further aggravated by an array of Pressure groups and the far-from-disinterested attentions of the Mass media. In 50 Political Ideas You Really Need to Kw, Ben Dupre clears away the murk that obscures key concepts that we igre at our peril. Justice, Liberty, Human rights, The social contract, Democracy, Tyranny, Federalism, Utopianism, Political violence, Revolution and change, Political culture, Monarchism, Republicanism, Secularism, Conservatism, Liberalism, Socialism, Communism, Fascism, Anarchism, Fundamentalism, Multiculturalism, Labour movement, Women's movement, Green politics, Pressure groups, Constitutions, Parliaments, Presidential systems, Elections, Parties, Civil service/bureaucracy, Intelligence agencies, Mass media, Spin and propaganda, Wealth and poverty, Crime and punishment, Security and defence, Terrorism, Welfare, Race, Corruption, Political correctness, Realists and idealists, War and peace, Nations and nationalism, Imperialism, Isolationism, United Nations, Globalization.
- Author BiographyBen Dupre read Classics at Exeter College, Oxford before pursuing a career in reference publishing. He was Children's Reference Publisher at Oxford University Press from 1992 until 2004 and, all told, has more than 20 years' experience of bringing complex and challenging concepts to the widest possible audience.
- Author(s)Ben Dupre
- PublisherQuercus Publishing
- Date of Publication28/04/2011
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Series Title50 Ideas You Really Need to Know Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQuercus Publishing
- Weight540 g
- Width181 mm
- Height207 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.46
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.