All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNote: This is the bound book only and does t include access to the Enhanced Pearson eText. To order the Enhanced Pearson eText packaged with a bound book, use ISBN 0134057295. 50 Strategies for Teaching English Language Learners includes a rich assortment of practical strategies aligned to TESOL standards, which have been field-tested in diverse classrooms. Each strategy includes a brief explanation, step-by-step instructions on how to plan and use the strategy, and classroom scenarios demonstrating how the strategy can be adapted for different grade levels and content areas. The authors have included additional strategies in language and literacy development, techlogy, and assessment to support both pre-service and in-service teachers. The Fifth Edition represents a major change in standards-based education that helps educators meet the additional challenges of the Common Core State Standards in the process of acquiring English. Included are six new strategies, self-evaluation rubrics, adaptation charts, classroom examples demonstrating approaches to CCSS, video links, pop-ups encouraging further reading, and a glossary of terms encountered in the text. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded video. Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText* The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is: * Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience. * Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad(R) and Android(R) tablet.* * Affordable. The Enhanced Pearson eText may be purchased stand-alone or with a loose-leaf version of the text for 40-65% less than a print bound book. *The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are t available in third-party eTexts or downloads. *The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7 or 10 tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
- Author BiographyAdrienne Herrell is recently retired as a visiting professor and ESOL Coordinator at Florida State University. She taught classes in early literacy, assessment, and strategies for teaching English language learners at California State University, Fresno until her retirement in 2004. 50 Strategies for Teaching English Language Learners, 5/e is her seventeenth book for Pearson. Michael Jordan recently retired from California State University, Fresno where he coordinated the multiple subjects (elementary) credential program. 50 Strategies for Teaching English Language Learners, 5/e is his tenth book for Pearson.
- Author(s)Adrienne L. Herrell,Michael L. Jordan
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication14/01/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight610 g
- Width215 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $86.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.