All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe toriously exclusive Pirelli Calendar, featuring glamorous shots of beautiful women, was first published in 1964. Reserved for important clients and VIPs, the calendar has since grown into a legend of its own, showcasing the beauty of models such as Alessandra Ambrosio, Gisele Bundchen, Naomi Campbell, Laetitia Casta, Cindy Crawford. Penelope Cruz, Milla Jovovich, Heidi Klum, Angela Lindvall, Sophia Loren, and Kate Moss. In celebration of the 50th anniversary of the w-legendary institution that is the Pirelli Calendar, TASCHEN brings you a retrospective volume reproducing the complete calendars, photographed by Richard Avedon, Peter Beard, Patrick Demarchelier, Nick Knight, Karl Lagerfeld, Inez van Lamsweerde and Viodh Matadin, Annie Leibovitz, Peter Lindbergh, Sarah Moon, Terry Richardson. Herb Ritts, Mario Sorrenti, Bert Stern, Mario Testi, Bruce Weber, and many more. Bonus features include rarely and never-before-seen behind-the-scenes images of the shoots, the unpublished 1963 calendar, and a selection of censored images deemed too risque by the editors of the time. Finally, the canceled 1986 Helmut Newton calendar will be revealed.With an introduction by Philippe Daverio and an interview with art directors Derek Forsyth and Martyn Walsh. The Pirelli Calendar was a marketing revelation when it debuted in the l960s-it took a familiar, even throwaway concept (the pin-up garage calendar ) and infused it with top fashion models, photographers, and the most desirable locations in the world. To this day it has retained its ability to fascinate and titillate all those who are fortunate eugh to obtain a copy. This resplendent volume, for fans new and old alike, is the biggest and baddest ever devoted to the subject.
- Author BiographyBorn in 1949, Philippe Daverio is a writer, art dealer and art historian. Between 1993 and 1997. he was Head of Culture for the City of Milan, and is currently Director of the Museum of the Milan Duomo. He has inaugurated four modern art galleries, and written for a number of different publications including Vogue, People, Panorama, and Liberal. Since March 2008 he has also directed the magazine Art e Dossier. He leads courses in History of Design at the Politecnico di Milano and is Professor of Sociology of Art at the University of Palermo.
- Author(s)Philippe Daverio
- PublisherTaschen GmbH
- Date of Publication20/07/2015
- Languageeng, fre, ger
- Place of PublicationCologne
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintTaschen GmbH
- Weight1814 g
- Width300 mm
- Height300 mm
- Spine51 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.