All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.35Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.39
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.74
- AU $70.35Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $74.12Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $35.47Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.59
About this product
- DescriptionSo, what happens when you get to page 25 and you fall unexpectedly upon that one single sentence; one that simply does t look right; somehow inhibits the pace of a fast flowing chapter and fails to describe accurately how your character looked or felt? You may of course be one of those fortunate writers who can simply kck the words out, get them down on the page and after a morning of recording a score of 2,000, relax over a light lunch and a large glass of Chardonnay. However, you may be one of those poor unfortunates who strive over every sentence, kwing well what you want to write, but reluctantly unable to find the precise little phrase to exactly describe the moment. Competent writing often requires reference to a Dictionary or a Thesaurus. Good writers carry about with them a recording device of some sort, or that good old fashioned 'pen & paper' to record things they read, see and hear in everyday life. These 'Scribblings' are the sounds, the words and the sights of reality ... the 'real' things that people say to one ather and the 'real' way they describe things they have seen and events they have witnessed to their friends and family. With a Dictionary, Thesaurus and Scribblings all being put to good use, the experienced writer will collect over time a 'Golden Book' ...or 'Golden Computer File' ... that contains the condensed results of all the searching and researching for that short, concise 'Golden' sentence. However you approach your writing projects; whether you find writing hard or easy, most of us will be prepared to admit we can do with all the help available. Of course, if you are one of the 'special ones' who simply need help at all in your well established and highly profitable writing career, then please go further. For the rest of us, this little gem contains 501 useful phrases and 'Scribblings' organized in such a way that any writer can quickly navigate to a phrase for use in a particular situation; or one that will remind them of ather that will fit the bill nicely. This is t an answer to a 'writer's prayer', but it is a great second line reference book of phrases you can use every day in your writing journey. So, what does 501 Writers Useful Phrases contain? The book is divided in to ten sections and each one contains 50 short phrases, quotes, expressions or complete sentences to fit a particular subject heading. The last section contains 51 entries making a total of 501 for this edition.
- Author BiographyIn less than 45 words, this just about sums up a life that has been both adventurous and rewarding - and long may it continue! Born - Good. Education - Bad. Air Force - Great. Wandering - Fantastic. Middle East - OK. Partners in Business - Not Advised. Flying Aeroplanes - Elevating. Friendships - Difficult. Wives - No Comment. Getting Old - Hate It. Spain - Like It. Full Time Author - About Time!
- Author(s)Quentin Cope
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication05/05/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight82 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.