All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.84
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.70
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.14
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.72
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $35.87
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $38.89
About this product
- DescriptionDesigned for both male and female players, this title helps athletes develop the strength to set screens and convert three-point plays, the speed to run the court and get into position, the balance to change direction on a drive, the quickness to get loose balls and blow by a defender for easy baskets, and the explosive jumping power to block shots and grab rebounds. 52-Week Basketball Training presents daily workouts for optimal training throughout the year so that players can withstand the rigors of the sport. Thorough explanations and detailed illustrations provide clear instruction on how to perform each of the 192 drills and exercises.
- Author BiographyChip Sigmon is the athletic trainer for The Epicenter for Sports Performance Facility, a division of OrthoCarolina Medical Group. He was the strength and conditioning coach for the WNBA's Charlotte Sting, and he served the Charlotte Hornets as their strength and conditioning coach from 1994 to 2001 prior to their departure to New Orleans. Sigmon has worked with such notable athletes as Alonzo Mourning, Baron Davis, Hersey Hawkins, and Dawn Staley. As an assistant strength coach at the University of North Carolina (1982 to 1983), he worked with Tar Heel and NBA greats Michael Jordan and James Worthy. He was the head strength coach at Appalachian State University from 1984 to 1989. A graduate of Appalachian State University, Sigmon is a former competitive body builder and an NSCA-certified personal trainer and fitness consultant. He has written articles for a national basketball newsletter and for the NSCA, and he was a contributing author to NBA Power Conditioning. Sigmon is also a sought-after motivational speaker and is on the State Speakers list for the Fellowship of Christian Athletes.When not busy training athletes, speaking at conventions, or writing, Sigmon enjoys working in the yard, reading, and spending time with his wife, Michelle, and their two daughters at their home in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Author(s)Chip Sigmon
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication29/09/2003
- SubjectBall Games: Court & Indoor
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2003
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Out-of-print date18/04/2013
- Content Note25 black & white illustrations, 164 black & white halftones
- Weight612 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Foreword byAnn Donovan,Paul Silas
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.