All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- Description60 Hikes Within 60 Miles: Los Angeles shows readers how to quickly drive to and enjoy the best hikes from the San Gabriel Mountains to the Pacific Ocean. With time, health, and pin money at a premium, this handy guide helps Angeles get back to nature without going out of town. From Palos Verdes on the coast to Santa Clarita to the rth and the expansive San Gabriel Mountains, it details 60 hikes and walks within roughly an hour's drive of Los Angeles, encouraging even the most time-starved trekkers to get on the trails and get healthy. Extensive at-a-glance information makes it easy to choose the perfect hike based on length, difficulty, scenery, or on a specific factor such as hikes good for families, runners, or birding. Each trail profile includes maps, directions, driving times, nearby attractions, and other pertinent details. Having lived in just about every area of Los Angeles, author Laura Randall provides key in-the-kw information about traffic patterns, the best times to hike, how to avoid expensive parking fees, and the best burrito joints near the trail-head.
- Author BiographyA native of suburban Philadelphia, Laura Randall lived in Washington, D.C. and San Juan, Puerto Rico before moving to the Los Angeles area in 1999. Her byline can be found in a variety of newspapers and consumer magazines, including the Los Angeles Times, the Washington Post, Sunset Magazine, and the Christian Science Monitor. From the Westside to the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains, she has lived in many Los Angeles neighborhoods and can lead you to excellent trails in just about any pocket of the city. Randall is also the author of Peaceful Places: Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Laura Randall
- PublisherMenasha Ridge Press Inc.
- Date of Publication09/02/2016
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Series Title60 Hikes Within 60 Miles
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMenasha Ridge Press Inc.
- Content NoteB&W photos throughout, 65 maps, 30 charts
- Weight357 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.