All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book, designed as a reference tool, fills a void by providing a concise overview of the teaching practices of literacy, helping readers examine and evaluate teaching strategies and techniques in the areas of reading, writing, listening, speaking, and visualizing. Jonson's book follows a user-friendly format that includes: o Names of specific strategies o Who would use a given strategy o When and why a strategy should be used o How a strategy should be implemented o Alternative implementation ideas o Supplies required to implement the strategies o Figures and illustrations Jonson brings more than 30 years of experience as a teacher, reading specialist, principal, staff developer, and professor of teacher education to the project. This excellent resource t only synthesizes the current research and theory of best instructional practices, but also presents information in a clear, logical, and accessible manner for practitioners.
- Author BiographyIn her 40 years as an educator, Kathleen Feeney Jonson, Professor Emeritus, has been a teacher, taught director of staff development, principal, director of curriculum and instruction, and university faculty. She conducted numerous workshops for teachers and administrators on such topics as reading comprehension strategies, writing process, portfolio assessment, peer coaching, and beginning teacher assistance programs. Until her retirement in summer 2009, Jonson was professor of education and coordinator of the Master in Arts in Teaching Reading program at the University of San Francisco's School of Education. She published three books with Corwin Press, including The New Elementary Teacher's Handbook (1st edition 1997, 2nd edition 2001), Being an Effective Mentor: How to Help Beginning Teachers Succeed (1st edition 2002, 2nd edition 2007), and 60 Strategies for Improving Reading Comprehension in Grades K-8 (2006).
- Author(s)Kathleen Feeney Jonson
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication15/02/2006
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight554 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.