CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.28
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.57
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.39
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $35.99
- AU $28.50Trending at AU $30.66
- AU $27.86Trending at AU $29.04
About this product
- DescriptionA 76-year-old man wakes up in a nursing home in upstate New York. This seemingly rmal day brings with it an unnerving compulsion to flee his present situation and embark on a curious journey through the streets of New York City. Powerless to resist these strange new urges, Holden Caulfield, like a decrepit marionette, finds himself in the midst of bizarre and occasionally depraved escapades. Is senility finally closing in or is some higher power controlling the chaos? 60 years after his debut as the great American anti-hero, Holden Caulfield is yanked back onto the page without a goddamn clue why.
- Author BiographyJohn David California is a 32-year-old freelance travel writer who has written for several international magazines including E24, Solo, Ascent and Mood, as well as several short film scripts for the production company Blind Id. The former gravedigger and Ironman triathlete has been captivated by the story of Holden Caulfield for years. After finding a well-travelled copy of The Catcher in the Rye in an abandoned cabin in rural Cambodia, the iconic characters within saw John through the most maniacal of tropical fevers and chronic isolation. Years later he is finally able to return the favour, holding the fate of Holden Caulfield in his inspired hands with 60 Years Later: Coming Through the Rye. This is John's first novel.
- Author(s)John David California
- PublisherWindupbird Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication07/05/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationBoras
- Country of PublicationSweden
- ImprintWindupbird Publishing Ltd
- Weight282 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.