All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThis book will enable readers to begin to understand and develop their own Emotional Intelligence and that of the students in their care.Learning is an activity with an emotional dimension and before students can turn their attention to cognitive learning or the prescribed curriculum, they must feel physically safe and emotionally secure. How a student 'feels' about a learning situation determines the amount of time and effort they devote to it. Developing Emotional Intelligence could provide the 'missing link' to achievement in our schools. This book will enable readers to begin to understand and develop their own Emotional Intelligence and that of the students in their care. They will be able to appreciate the role EI plays in promoting academic progress and creating positive, lasting changes that will help learners in both school and n-school settings. IQ, which is a measure of our cognitive intelligence, represents the raw material for our successes, whereas EQ, which signifies Emotional Intelligence, is the set of socio-emotional skills that enables the intellect to turn into action and accomplishment.Without EQ, IQ remains only a potential; this book provides the tools to nurture that potential into reality, using the seven successful strategies that the author outlines in her elevate model.
- Author BiographyMarziyah Panju is a former primary school teacher with 14 years experience, who now works as a writer, educational consultant and personal development coach.
- Author(s)Marziyah Panju
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/03/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNetwork Continuum Education
- Content Note10 bw illustrations
- Weight141 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.