CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
70 Caribbean Recipes: Taste Sensations from the Tropics: Deliciously Authentic Dishes from the Islands of Jamaica, Cuba, Puerto Rico and the Bahamas, All Shown Step by Step in 275 Photographs by Rosamund Grant (Paperback, 2013)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
About this product
- DescriptionDeliciously authentic dishes from the islands of Jamaica, Cuba, Puerto Rico and the Bahamas, all shown step by step in 275 photographs. All the classics and most popular dishes, including Barbecued Jerk Chicken; Creole Fish Stew; Buttered Spinach and Rice; Barbadian Coconut Sweet Bread; Caribbean Fruit and Rum Cake; Tapioca Pudding; and Cuba Libre. It features mouthwatering snacks and soups; vegetarian dishes and salads; fish and shellfish; meat and poultry; breads and side dishes; cakes, desserts and drinks. It is beautifully illustrated in easy-to-follow stages, including a glorious photograph of every finished dish. It is a comprehensive glossary with information on traditional ingredients and cooking techniques. It covers cook's tips and hints throughout give insights into the special characteristics of this exciting cuisine. The very essence of Caribbean cuisine has been captured in this informative cookbook, which presents a wonderful collection of enticing and authentic dishes. Tasty poultry, fish and seafood dishes include Peanut Chicken, Salmon in Mango and Ginger Sauce, and Crab and Corn Gumbo, and all are complemented by the tempting variety of vegetable, salad, and bean and grain dishes. Sweet desserts and drinks are t forgotten, with plenty to tempt you such as Fruits of the Tropics Salad, Coconut Ice Cream, and Demerara Rum Punch. Beautifully illustrated with over 275 photographs, the book provides an evocative introduction to the food of these sun-drenched islands.
- Author BiographyRosamund Grant is one of the foremost experts on Caribbean cooking. Born in Guyana, South America, she has explored the Caribbean extensively. She moved to London in the 1960s, where she opened her renowned restaurant, Bambaya, which she ran until 1992. A busy food consultant, she divides her time between cooking, writing features for magazines, and broadcasting on TV and radio. She is also the author of Traditional African Recipes.
- Author(s)Rosamund Grant
- PublisherHermes House
- Date of Publication01/12/2013
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHermes House
- Content Noteover 275 photographs
- Weight526 g
- Width230 mm
- Height299 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.