Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $22.33Trending at AU $23.48
- AU $28.19Trending at AU $28.50
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $22.57
- AU $45.43Trending at AU $49.49
- AU $45.84Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $18.02Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $35.89Trending at AU $37.02
About this product
- DescriptionNancy Makin weighed an astounding 703 pounds in May 2000. She was forty-five years old and had diabetes and heart disease. Thanks in equal parts to shame and logistics, she'd been homebound for a dozen years.But all that changed after a gift from her sister: a computer. A techphobe, Nancy igred it for months, until finally boredom and curiosity pushed her into cyberspace. And there, in a chat room, she found the friendliness, the support, and even the love she'd been missing for so long. Nobody flinched when Nancy spoke up; people treated her with the same respect accorded to everybody else. Thanks to these emotional connections, Nancy's life was transformed.She followed diet plan; pills, potions, or ab-crunching exercises played a part. There was silver bullet, magical, elusive ingredient-yet Nancy has lost more than 530 pounds. Nancy's tale is one of redemption, a story of reevaluating her worth and insisting she had value simply because she was human. It will show a growing America that life is sweet and always worth living.
- Author BiographyNancy Makin went from being on disability and homebound in subsidized housing to becoming a motivational speaker. She has appeared on Oprah and Good Morning America. Nancy lives in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Coleen Marlo is an accomplished actor who has appeared on stage, in film, and on television, and is a member of the prestigious Actors Studio. She also taught acting for ten years at the Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute. An AudioFile Earphones Award winner, Coleen has been awarded three Listen-Up Awards from Publishers Weekly, including for Third World America by Arianna Huffington and The Poisoner's Handbook by Deborah Blum. She has also earned three Audie Award nominations, winning for Snakewoman of Little Egypt by Robert Hellenga. Publishers Weekly has named Coleen Audiobook Reader of the Year for 2010.
- Author(s)Nancy Makin
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication20/04/2010
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Out-of-print date04/02/2017
- Weight162 g
- Width172 mm
- Height165 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Narrator(s)Coleen Marlo
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time510
- Edition StatementLibrary ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.