All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStress has become a near-universal experience as well as a rising public health concern. According to many measures, people today are dealing with stressors that are greater in number and severity than in the past several decades, and this stress is taking a toll on our collective wellness. Bringing considerable content from her popular stress management Web site on About.com, Elizabeth Scott distills information about stress management into central ideas and strategies for consumers. These include learning to reduce the stress response and stressors, practicing long-term resilience habits, and putting positive psychology research into action. These various perspectives provide a multilayered framework for understanding stress and approaching stress management that is inspirational, action-oriented, and backed by foundational and recent kwledge in the field. The quick-to-read 8 keys format of the book can be utilized on many levels so that busy readers can quickly find relief from stress.
- Author BiographyElizabeth Anne Scott is an award-winning blogger and wellness coach with an MS in counseling. She has helped thousands of people through her writing and stress management workshops. Babette Rothschild, MSW, has been a practitioner since 1976 and a teacher and trainer since 1992. She is a bestselling author of six books, all published by WW Norton and translated into more than a dozen languages. She is also the creator and Series Editor of the 8 Keys to Mental Health Series. After living and working for 9 years in Copenhagen, Denmark she returned to her native Los Angeles where she is writing her next books while she continues to lecture, train, consult, and supervise professional psychotherapists of all sorts worldwide.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Anne Scott
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication19/03/2013
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Series Title8 Keys to Mental Health
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Weight350 g
- Width157 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Foreword byBabette Rothschild
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.58Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $23.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.