83 Minutes: The Doctor, the Damage, and the Shocking Death of Michael Jackson by Matt Richards (Hardback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $52.49Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by kamilc1
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $42.84+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionA definitive look at Michael Jackson's final minutes, revealing for the first time the shocking details behind the tragic death of one of the world's biggest pop stars.On June 25th, 2009, the world was rocked by the tragic news that Michael Jackson the biggest and most influential music icon since Elvis Presley had died. He was only 50 years old when paramedics prounced him dead on arrival at a Los Angeles hospital. For weeks after his death, speculation and rumor abounded concerning the drugs in Jackson s system and the role Conrad Murray, the singer s personal physician, had played in the his death. In 2011, Murray was tried and convicted of involuntary manslaughter, for which he served two years in prison.Now, for the first time, readers have access to a comprehensive and truly horrifying account of the crucial moments leading up to Jackson s demise. Drawing on court documents and testimonials, 83 Minutes presents a multi-perspective tracking of every individual involved and the part they played as the tragedy unfolded, examining forensically the mystery of the 83 minutes that elapsed from the moment Dr. Murray suggested he found Jackson t breathing to the moment the singers' lifeless body was wheeled into hospital.Evenhanded and unbiased, Matt Richards and Mark Langthorne s account is rich with detail, including the specific cocktail of drugs employed in an attempt to keep Jackson alive and the harrowing conditions in which the troubled genius s life ended. Included as well is the story of the legal struggle for control of Jackson s assets that followed his death where Richards and Langthorne report that the combined earnings of Jay Z, Taylor Swift, and Kanye West since Michael Jackson died come where near the revenues Jackson has earned for his estate after his death. Written with documentary flair, this powerful and compelling book is already emerging as the definitive account of one of the darkest hours in music history.
- Author BiographyMatt Richards is an award-winning film director, television producer and screenwriter who has written and directed numerous documentaries and series in the UK and the U.S.Mark Langthorne is CEO of Roland Mouret and has previously worked in the music industry with such stars as Kanye West, Marc Almond and Annie Lennox.
- Author(s)Matt Richards
- PublisherThomas Dunne Books
- Date of Publication21/06/2016
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThomas Dunne Books
- Weight590 g
- Width163 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.