9/11 and the Art of Happiness: An Australian Story by Simon Kennedy (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $14.67Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by sourceofspirit
- Est. delivery by 29 Aug
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $9.74+ AU $4.50 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by rustydaewoo
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSimon Kennedy's mum Yvonne was one of 10 Australians to die during the 9/11 terrorist attacks and the only one to die outside of New York, in the attack on the Pentagon. 9/11 and the Art of Happiness is their story; a thoughtful, reflective and, at times, amusing memoir about the life-changing impact a global political event has on the individuals and their families who are caught in the maelstrom. Political posturing and the outbreak of war make it easy to forget that the real story of the 9/11 terrorist attacks is the sum of the individual family histories that were altered forever within the space of 24 hours. On 11 September 2001, Simon Kennedy's mum boarded flight AA777 to begin her return to Australia after completing a much-planned holiday of America. All passengers on board were killed in the foiled attempt to crash into the Pentagon. In 9/11 and the Art of Happiness: An Australian Story, local comedian Simon Kennedy remembers his mum and reveals unheard of details about the trauma family members endure in the aftermath of a global terrorist attack. Disbelief mingles briefly with false hope. Airline officials are in constant attention, offering cheques along with solace. Upgrades to fly first class are issued on a regular basis. FBI officials pay cordial visits and invitations constantly flow to official US memorial and anniversary services. However, the aftermath remains and ten years later there is t one hour of the day when Simon is t reminded, in some way, by the media, of the 9/11 attack.
- Author BiographySimon Kennedy is a performer who has worked as a national headline comedian, broadcaster, voice-over artist, writer, corporate entertainer, and radio host. He appears weekly on Channel 7's Morning Show.
- Author(s)Simon Kennedy
- PublisherFinch Publishing
- Date of Publication20/01/2014
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLane Cove
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published1899
- ImprintFinch Publishing
- Out-of-print date02/02/2017
- Weight292 g
- Width155 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.79Trending at AU $43.06
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.13
- AU $10.51Trending at AU $14.49
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $35.84
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.26
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.86
- AU $43.43Trending at AU $48.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.