All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionAt the peak of their careers, Anne Brevig and Martin Vennesland made the decision of their lives: they chose freedom and a highly uncertain future on the high seas instead of secure jobs and the safety and comfort of life ashore. In order to finance their dream, they sold their house and most of their belongings and moved onboard their 40-foot sailboat. It became their one and only home for 15 years. Neither imagined that they were going to spend 9 years on the 7 seas and journey more than 56,000 nautical miles. Back on terra firma, their once-in-a-lifetime adventure, which was packed with drama and excitement, was immortalized in a beautiful coffee table book, 9 Years on the 7 Seas. It quickly became a bestseller, and when it sold out in paper format, the adventurous couple decided to share their experiences with the world in the equally exciting Seven Seas Adventures Series, which is w available both in print and several eBook formats. Anne and Martin's blue water adventure is t about breaking any records. Its main focus is meeting people from different backgrounds and cultures - encounters that take on entirely different dimensions when sailing off the beaten track far away from the traditional tourist routes. Anne and Martin crossed the big oceans and visited 76 countries and island nations. They realized their dreams. Now, they hope that their books in the Seven Seas Adventures Series, which are saturated with enchanting encounters, danger and unique experiences, will inspire others to pursue their own dreams - whatever they may be. At least, to dare to take the leap. The Series certainly gives a rare opportunity to live vicariously in theirs, and their beloved sailboat, NOR SIGLAR'S wake.
- Author BiographyAnne Brevig grew up in Halden, Norway as a country girl on a farm. She always dreamt of seeing the world and began her adventures with life as an au pair, studying languages in Switzerland, Germany and the USA. In New York, she embarked on a career in international shipping and later became comptroller of a large Norwegian shipping company's Vancouver offices. When Anne met Martin at the age of 38, she was completely new to sailboats. Having grown up inland, she didn't learn to swim until she was 16, was afraid of the water and became seasick easily. Anne never thought in her wildest imagination that one day she would exchange her comfortable life ashore with the often extreme challenges of life at sea - a decision she has never regretted! Martin Vennesland was born with salt water in his blood. He grew up by the tang of the sea in the small village of Sagesund on the south coast of Norway and has sailed all his life. The dream of travelling to exotic and distant shores on his own keel took shape at an early age. As a young man he emigrated to Canada to become a professional forester. When taking early retirement to venture offshore, Martin was head of one of Canada's largest forestry consultingfirms. An avid outdoors person, he is happiest in the mountains, at his woodlot tending his cedars and Douglas firs or sailing on the high seas.
- Author(s)Anne E Brevig
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication23/03/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectWater Sports
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byHalvor Nome
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.