All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $20.42Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $23.42Trending at AU $26.67
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.10
- AU $56.62Trending at AU $60.72
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.03
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $12.42
- AU $19.09Trending at AU $23.88
About this product
- DescriptionBereft and penniless after the death of their father, the local Vicar and Private Chaplain to the Earl of Chadwood, the beautiful Olivia Lambrick, her younger brother Tony and her five-year-old sister Wendy are desperate for the new Earl to arrive at Chad Hall. Having inherited the title after his two cousins drowned in a sailing accident, it has taken the Earl a year to travel home from India. And meanwhile, with one to pay the estate's workers and pensioners, the entire village is almost starving. Olivia hopes that the Earl will hour the allowance her mother received as the late Earl's cousin, but to her chagrin, he is a handsome but hard and unsympathetic man. Refusing Olivia's pleas and those of his half-brother, Gerald, who faces the debtors' prison because of his high living in London, the Earl has a very unpleasant solution - he will pay Gerald's debts only if he marries Olivia! But Fate intervenes unexpectedly when the Earl is attacked by a vicious mob of youths from the village and, almost fatally injured by a knife thrust, is then carried to Olivia's home. While Gerald uses a Power of Attorney to save the village, pay off his debts and look after the pensioners, Olivia saves the life of the man she hates and prays with all her heart that somehow love will save the day.
- Author BiographyBarbara Cartland was the world's most prolific novelist who wrote an amazing 723 books in her lifetime, of which no less than 644 were romantic novels with worldwide sales of over 1 billion copies and her books were translated into 36 different languages. As well as romantic novels, she wrote historical biographies, 6 autobiographies, theatrical plays and books of advice on life, love, vitamins and cookery. She wrote her first book at the age of 21 and it was called Jigsaw. It became an immediate bestseller and sold 100,000 copies in hardback in England and all over Europe in translation. Between the ages of 77 and 97 she increased her output and wrote an incredible 400 romances as the demand for her romances was so strong all over the world. She wrote her last book at the age of 97 and it was entitled perhaps prophetically The Way to Heaven. Her books have always been immensely popular in the United States where in 1976 her current books were at numbers 1 & 2 in the B. Dalton bestsellers list, a feat never achieved before or since by any author. Barbara Cartland became a legend in her own lifetime and will be best remembered for her wonderful romantic novels so loved by her millions of readers throughout the world, who have always collected her books to read again and again, especially when they feel miserable or depressed. Her books will always be treasured for their moral message, her pure and innocent heroines, her handsome and dashing heroes, her blissful happy endings and above all for her belief that the power of love is more important than anything else in everyone's life.
- Author(s)Barbara Cartland
- Date of Publication09/09/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight222 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.