All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe focus of the worldwide Occupy protests is creating a world that works for 99% of people and businesses, t just the richest and most powerful 1%. But who are the 99%? Who are the 1%? How extensive and systemic is inequality in different areas of society? What are its causes and consequence? How is inequality changing in our world? And what can be done about it?For many years Chuck Collins has been a top leader in studying, speaking about, and writing about these questions. In this book he brings together in one place, for the first time, information that has been widely scattered in many different articles, reports, and websites. He provides revealing and powerful information about inequality in all realms of today's world, including individual wealth and power, corporate wealth and power, media control, political influence, and other areas. He then describes the functioning of the Wall Street Inequality Machine and describes how inequality wrecks everything we care about. And he tells how people and groups are pushing back against inequality and taking action to reduce inequality and create a world that works for the many and t just the few.
- Author BiographyChuck Collins is a senior scholar at the Institute for Policy Studies (IPS) and directs IPS's Program on Inequality and the Common Good. He is an expert on U.S. inequality and author of several books, including Economic Apartheid in America: A Primer on Economic Inequality and Insecurity, co-authored with Felice Yeskel and Wealth and Our Commonwealth, a case for taxing inherited fortunes, which he co-authored with Bill Gates, Sr. He is co-founder of Wealth for the Common Good, a network of business leaders, high-income households and other partners working together to promote shared prosperity and fair taxation, as well as co-founder of United for a Fair Economy (UFE), which works to raise the profile of wealth inequality.
- Author(s)Chuck Collins
- Date of Publication01/04/2012
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleAgency/Distributed
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight222 g
- Width55 mm
- Height85 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Foreword byBarbara Ehrenreich
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.42Trending at AU $72.99
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $22.94
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.42
- AU $36.83Trending at AU $37.88
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.28
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.