Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $12.50+ postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by voltarian
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
People who bought this also bought
About this product
- DescriptionWhat could cause a mother to believe that giving away her newborn baby is her only option? Cathy Glass is about to find out. From author of Sunday Times and New York Times bestseller Damaged comes a harrowing and moving memoir about tiny Harrison, left in Cathy's care, and the potentially fatal family secret of his beginnings. When Cathy is first asked to foster one-day old Harrison her only concern is if she will remember how to look after a baby. But upon collecting Harrison from the hospital, Cathy realises she has more to worry than she thought when she discovers that his background is shrouded in secrecy. She isn't told why Harrison is in foster care and his social worker says only a few are aware of his very existence, and if his whereabouts became kwn his life, and that of his parents, could be in danger. Cathy tries to put her worries aside as she looks after Harrison, a beautiful baby, who is alert and engaging. Cathy and her children quickly bond with Harrison although they kw that, inevitably, he will eventually be adopted. But when a woman Cathy doesn't kw starts appearing in the street outside her house acting suspiciously, Cathy fears for her own family's safety and demands some answers from Harrison's social worker. The social worker tells Cathy a little but what she says is very disturbing . How is this woman connected to Harrison and can she answer the questions that will affect Harrison's whole life?
- Author BiographyCathy has been a foster carer for over 20 years, during which time she has looked after more than 70 children, of all ages and backgrounds. Cathy runs training courses on fostering for her local Social Services, and helps draft new fostering procedures and guidelines. She has three teenage children of her own; one of whom was adopted after a long-term foster placement. The name Cathy Glass is a pseudonym.
- Author(s)Cathy Glass
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication15/03/2012
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarper Element
- Weight240 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Most relevant reviews
- 365939157@delet...25 Sep, 2012by
AWESOME READING.REAL LIFE
HI AS A FOSTER MOTHER.CATHY GLASS BOOK.ARE SO REAL.CAN NOT PUT THEM DOWN.I HAVE ALL HER BOOKS AND I HAVE FRIEND THAT FEEL THE SAME.
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.