All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.56Trending at AU $65.52
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.76
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $31.90
- AU $69.99Trending at AU $86.08
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $47.63
- AU $22.67Trending at AU $25.33
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $31.95
About this product
- DescriptionA Basket of Flowers, which is set in Germany 100 years ago, is the tale of a godly young woman and her father who wrongly suffer great persecution, but who learn to trust the sovereign hand of God through every difficult circumstance. A Basket of Flowers centers on James, a godly gardener, and his young daughter, Mary. Their happy and simple life is disrupted when Mary is accused and convicted of theft. At her trial, Mary tells the truth, maintaining her incence in spite of great pressure. Convicted as thief and accomplice, Mary and her father begin their sentence for the crime. Continuing his lessons from nature about the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ, James encourages Mary through this trial and prepares her for the next, greater blow. Writer of children's stories and educator, Christoph von Schmid was a pioneer in writing books for children which taught Christian values. His first work was a bible history for children (1801). Christoph von Schmid continued with his calling as a writer of children's books throughout his long life, one of his most ted stories being Die Ostereier (Easter Eggs, 1816) due to its popularity and also that he started signing himself as author of Easter Eggs.
- Author BiographyWriter of children's stories and educator, Christoph von Schmid was a pioneer in writing books for children which taught Christian values. His first work was a bible history for children (1801). Christoph von Schmid continued with his calling as a writer of children's books throughout his long life, one of his most noted stories being Die Ostereier (Easter Eggs, 1816) due to its popularity and also that he started signing himself as author of Easter Eggs. He also authored the Christian children's classic, A Basket of Flowers. The writings of Christoph von Schmid have been translated into 24 languages. His stories usually center around a disturbance to the happiness of good people which God's righteousness finally fixes, the goal of the writer being to awaken a practical piety in his youthful readers. Christoph von Schmid also wrote poems which are scattered here and there in his work. His autobiography, Erinnerungen aus meinem Leben, was published in 1853-1857. From 1816 to 1826 he was parish priest at Oberstadion in Wurtemberg. In 1826, Christoph von Schmid was appointed canon of the Cathedral of Augsburg, where he died of cholera when he was eighty seven.
- Author(s)Christoph Von Schmid
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication20/08/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight100 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.