Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.84
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.43
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.68
- AU $13.32Trending at AU $16.97
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.32
About this product
- DescriptionThe blast rocked the entire block of flats, awaking Detective Inspector Ben Jurnet from a sleep of exhaustion. Bells, sirens, whoopers -- sounds that betokened rescue, the arrival of fire engines, ambulances, the police his brothers -- reached him on the morning air. Everything under control at least. Or so he thought. Outside, near the wrecked Rover, a shoe lay on the ground. In it, a foot with an ankle attached. Miriam's shoe. Miriam's ankle. Was it all a ghastly mistake, a trap set for the police generally, or for Jurnet in particular, that had by dreadful chance caught the wrong victim? Had political murder arrived in sedate and sensible Angleby, that jewel of East Anglia? Why, in heaven's name, Miriam? Jurnet's search for the answer to that question proves to be a journey into his very heart and soul. A Beautiful Death combines all the elements of a page-turning thriller with a moving statement about love, bereavement, grief and renewal.
- Author BiographyOne of the purest lyric voices in the mystery field New York Times Book Review Sylvia Theresa Haymon was born in Norwich, and is best known for her eight crime fiction novels featuring the character Inspector Ben Jurnet. Haymon also wrote two non-fiction books for children, as well as two memoirs of her childhood in East Anglia. The Ben Jurnet series enjoyed success in both the UK and the US during Haymon's lifetime: Ritual Murder (1982) won the prestigious CWA Silver Dagger Award from the Crime Writers' Association. Stately Homicide (1984), a skilful variation on the country house mystery, was praised by the New York Times as a 'brilliantly crafted novel of detection...stylish serious fiction', and favourably compared to the work of Dorothy L. Sayers.
- Author(s)S. T. Haymon
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication12/07/2012
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleInspector Jurnet
- Series Part/Volume Number7
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacmillan Bello
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight390 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Interest Age16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.