All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.24Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.79Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $40.75Trending at AU $42.35
About this product
- DescriptionThe short story collection A Beer Before Lunch is about how to become lost in the occasionally anarchic, always intoxicating city of Recife in the rth east of Brazil. Funny, touching and occasionally tragic, it covers football, friendship, love, sex, death, loss and everything in between. James Young lived in Recife between 2007 and 2012. He is w based in the considerably less exciting city of Belo Horizonte in the south east of Brazil, where he writes about the country and its football for The Independent, Sports Illustrated, Rolling Stone, ESPN, Al-Jazeera, the Folha de Sao Paulo and assorted other publications and sites.
- Author BiographyBorn in Belfast, James Young writes about Brazil and Brazilian football for The Independent, The Independent on Sunday, Rolling Stone, Sports Ilustrated, ESPN, Vice, The Observer, The Howler, The Blizzard, Folha de Sao Paulo, The New York Times Goal Blog, and World Soccer, among other sites and publications. He has lived in Brazil for almost ten years. In addition to journalism, he is a writer of fiction and has been shortlisted for the Fish and Sean O Faolain short story prizes.
- Author(s)Professor James Young
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication11/06/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight367 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Illustrator(s)Darren McVeigh
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.