All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<b>In a time of rapid change in the world ecomy, this fascinating, concise, and user-friendly primer is the most reliable tool for keeping track of what's happening.</b> What is the new ecomy? What is globalization? Is the euro the final seal on European Union? How is e-commerce transforming our world beyond ecomics? What is virtual money, and does it have real value? How do social concerns and societal ills (drugs, poverty, AIDS, endangered natural resources) play a part in the rapidly changing world ecomy? What are multinationals, and do they signal the end of nationalism? These and many other pertinent issues are addressed in an enlightening and entertaining handbook for those who want to be ecomically literate (and who doesn't?).
- Author BiographyRandy Charles Epping, based in Zurich, Switzerland and Sao Paulo, Brazil, has worked in International Finance for over 25 years, holding management positions in European and American investment banks in London, Geneva, and Zurich. He has a master's degree in International Relations from Yale University, in addition to degrees from the University of Notre Dame and the University of Paris-La Sorbonne. He is currently the manager of IFS Project Management AG, a Switzerland-based international consulting company. He is also the president of the Central Europe Foundation, which provides assistance to students and economic organizations in Central and Eastern Europe. In addition to several other books on the world economy, he has written a novel, <i>Trust</i>, a financial thriller based in Zurich and Budapest. Mr. Epping holds dual U.S. and Swiss citizenship and is fluent in six languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish.
- Author(s)Randy Charles Epping
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication01/05/2001
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVintage Books
- Out-of-print date24/11/2015
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight190 g
- Width131 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement3rd
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.