Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $12.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFirst published in 1979, a Bend in the River is a vel of the politics and society of postcolonial Africa. Salim, a young Indian man, moves to a town on a bend in the river of a recently independent nation. As Salim strives to establish his business, he comes to be closely involved with the fluid and dangerous politics of the newly created state, the remnants of the old regime clashing inevitably with the new.
- Author BiographyV.S. Naipaul was born in Trinidad in 1932. He went to England on a scholarship in 1950. After fouryears at Oxford he began to write, and has since published over twenty books of fiction and nonfiction, including A House for Mr. Biswas, An Area of Darkness, Among the Believers, and The Enigma of Arrival, all available in Vintage.
- Author(s)V. S. Naipaul
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication01/05/1989
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVintage Books
- Weight227 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition StatementVintage International ed
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.29
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.24
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.70
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.66
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.67
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.