All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionThis book summarises recommendations on establishing, running and improving national wild bird monitoring schemes. The methodology is described in details and includes field methods, sampling design, data management and analysis, and communication; including case studies from various countries. The Best Practice Guide is t intended to replace existing textbooks and methodological papers. The aim is to guide coordinators of schemes in designing and running a scheme in order to keep high methodological standards and avoid obvious mistakes. The book has nine chapters covering planning a scheme, survey design and selection of sample plots or field methods, it tackles also the problem of bird detectability and distance sampling, data management and analysis, and principles and recommendations for using the results for nature conservation and communication. Case studies come from several European countries and cover subjects such as sampling design, field methods, working with volunteer fieldworkers, and setting up an on-line database. Final recommendations in a form of a list of 'things best to do' and 'things best to avoid' are part of the publication too.
- PublisherCeska spolecnost ornitologicka, CSO
- Date of Publication01/01/2008
- SubjectLife Sciences: Zoology
- Place of PublicationPraha
- Country of PublicationCzech Republic
- ImprintCeska spolecnost ornitologicka, CSO
- Content NoteFigs, tabs
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edited byA. Klvanova,P. Vorisek,R.D. Gregory,S. Wotton
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.