All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
About this product
- DescriptionRevisits popular Bible verses used to justify the marginalization and hatred of Gay and Lesbian persons which has allowed for a state of institutionalized hatred towards sexual mirities to proliferate. This work offers insights to those who seek to understand the historical, cultural, and societal prohibitions that are at work in the world.
- Author Biography<i> I pray that none will be offended if I seek to make of the Christian Religion an Inn where all are received joyously, rather than a place where a few close friends of the family are received. Richard Hooker</i><p> These words of Richard Hooker inspired Craig Bettendorf as he studied for ministry within the Anglican tradition. This message of creating a place of inclusivity and mutuality has been a hallmark endeavor throughout his faith journey and ministry. The study of Liberation theology as expressed by Gustavo Gutierrez and exemplified by the life of fallen Archbishop Oscar Romero gave Bettendorf great faith and spiritual determination. The following statement of events briefly depicts the journey that lead to the writing of <i>A Biblical Defense Guide for Gays, Lesbians and those who love them</i>. <p> September 27, 1959, Baptized, Gesu Roman Catholic Church, Milwaukee, WI. <p> April 15, 1973, Confirmed, Apostles Lutheran Church, Franklin Park, IL. <p> December 6, 1992, Ordained Deacon, St. Jude Church, Philippine Independent Church (Anglican Catholic Church of the Philippines), Huntington Beach, CA +Juan Baladad, Missionary Bishop. <p> May 2, 1993, Ordained Priest, St. Jude Church, Philippine Independent Church (Anglican Catholic Church of the Philippines), Huntington Beach, CA +Macario V. Ga, Supreme Bishop. <p> December 1992-June 1994, served as assistant Rector and Rector within two parishes serving the Filipino community in Los Angeles, CA. <p> June 1994-August 1997, served as Rector of All Saints Anglican Church, Los Angeles, CA. <p> June 1994, Established the Anglican Institute of Affirmative Christian Studies in Redondo Beach, CA. <p> December 4, 1994, Elected and consecrated to the office of Bishop, Evangelical Anglican Church in America, All Saints Parish, Los Angeles, CA, +G. Stephen Trivoli-Johnson. <p> September 3, 1996, Denounced the Federal Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) signing the National Freedom to Marry Resolution, All Souls Church, New York City, NY. <p> April 23, 1999, Presented to the students and faculty of The Harvard Divinity School, Cambridge, MA. <p> May 27, 2001, Installed as Presiding Bishop of the Anglican Church in America, Cathedral of St. Jerome, Tulsa, OK. +G. Stephen Trivioli-Johnson. <p> October 17, 2002, Facilitated a Concordat agreement between the Evangelical Anglican Church in America and the Open Episcopal Church of Great Britain and Ireland, bringing both churches into full Inter-communion. <p> August 27, 2004, Consecrated Carmen Valenzuela and Rusty Smith for the Office of Bishop for the Evangelical Anglican Church in America, Cathedral of Jesus of Nazareth, Tampa, FL. Announcing his own retirement.
- Author(s)Craig Bettendorf
- PublisherTrafford Publishing
- Date of Publication27/10/2005
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationVictoria
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTrafford Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight143 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.