All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis work is intended to serve as a user-friendly and up-to-date source of information on the morphology, syntax, semantics and pragmatics of Biblical Hebrew verbs, uns and other word classes (prepositions, conjunctions, adverbs, modal words, negatives, focus particles, discourse markers, interrogatives and interjections). It also contains one of the most elaborate treatments of Biblical Hebrew word order yet pubilshed in a grammar. This reference grammar will be of service to students who have completed an introductory or intermediate course in Biblical Hebrew, and also to more advanced scholars seeking to take advantage of traditional and recent descriptions of the language that go beyond the basic morphology of Biblical Hebrew.
- Author BiographyChristo van der Merwe holds the Eric Samson Chair for Biblical Hebrew Grammar in the Department of Ancient Studies, University of Stellenbosch, Stellenbosch, South Africa. Jan Kroeze is Head of the Department of Semitics, Potchefstroom University of Christian Higher Education, South Africa. Jackie Naude is Senior Lecturer, Department of Near Eastern Studies, University of the Free State, Bloemfontein, South Africa.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/02/1999
- LanguageEnglish & Hebrew
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Series TitleBiblical Languages: Hebrew
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 3
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSheffield Academic Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight573 g
- Width234 mm
- Height156 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byChristo H. J. van der Merwe,etc.
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.