All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.38Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionThis brief and concise study of the Old Testament will cover, systematically, the history of the ancient world out of which our thirty-nine books of the Old Testament emerge. This Old Testament introduction deals with matters of language, customs, historical situations, persons, places, and events alluded to in the various books of the Bible. This examination will deal specifically with the Hebrew and Aramaic languages - the study of these languages will help one understand the Biblical meaning of these words in their context. This Biblical survey will examine the history of the Hebrew people, their pagan surroundings, and the religion and culture of the other n-Hebrew people groups. This survey will investigate the authorship of several books in the Old Testament Can, because, the authorship reflects and relates to the reliability of the ancient text. This concise guide will examine the dates of some books of the Old Testament since the dates will clue us in on the cultural issues at that time related to the people of God. This survey will investigate the specific historical settings in which the authors spoke on God's behalf. Also, this examination of the Old Testament, will cover some facts about Textual Criticism. This methodology of recovering the Old Testament text to its pure original form, helps erase many transcription errors that have crept into our ancient texts. In addition to this, and lastly, this brief and concise study will look at the history of the transmission of the texts. We will investigate the way the original autographs were copied into other languages and various manuscripts families. Although by means an exhaustive investigation, this survey will give one a brief and concise understanding of our Old Testament Bible.
- Author BiographyCharles Craig Lantz, M.A., Ph.D. is a passionate BIBLE and THEOLOGY scholar, he has ministry experience in college and youth ministry, and has been involved in several mission outreaches overseas to Europe in Ireland, Germany, England, Holland, and Norway, as well as outreaches in South America to the Capital of Brazil, Rio De Janerio. Lantz graduated from Western Michigan University in 1986, with a Bachelor's of Science degree. While attending WMU he became very involved in student ministry, campus evangelism, and desired to serve GOD on a full-time basis ministering primarily to college and university students until retiring in 2004. During his days of campus ministry, Lantz earned graduate and post-graduate degree's in Theology, Biblical Studies, and Religious Studies. He has authored 12 books and is currently working on a Doctor of Theology degree with a focus in APOLOGETICS.
- Author(s)Dr Charles Craig Lantz
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication24/02/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight222 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.