All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.82Trending at AU $7.34
- AU $63.09Trending at AU $76.70
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.56Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
About this product
- DescriptionThis three-volume bibliography of printing was published between 1880 and 1886 by E. C. Bigmore (1838-99) and C. W. H. Wyman (1832-1909), who had, unkwn to each other, been working on similar projects and were brought together by the antiquarian bookseller and publisher Bernard Quaritch. The scope of the work, which quickly became a classic, includes 'typographic, lithographic, copperplate printing, etc., with the cognate arts of type-founding, stereotyping, electrotyping, and wood-engraving', but excludes the topics of paper and bookbinding. The three volumes are arranged in alphabetical order of surname of author; anymous works are ordered by the wording of the title. Compiled with the assistance of such historians of printing as William Blades and John Southward (several of whose works are available in this series), this authoritative work is of continuing value to bibliographers. Volume 3, published in 1886, covers the letters T to Z.
- PublisherCambridge Library Collection
- Date of Publication18/01/2014
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Series TitleCambridge Library Collection - History of Printing, Publishing and Libraries
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note15 b/w illus.
- Weight170 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.