All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $11.82Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.34
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $14.25
- AU $7.83Trending at AU $8.38
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.65
About this product
- DescriptionLily Lapp's family has settled into their new home in Pennsylvania, but life still holds big changes and big steps for Lily. Good changes, like once again living close to her beloved cousin and best friend, Hannah. Bad changes, like a mean girl who plays tricks on her. And change at all where Lily would most want one--Aaron Yoder sits near her in school and relentlessly teases her. Surprises are in store for Lily as she learns, with Mama and Papa's help, to manage the ups and downs of growing up Amish. <p/>The third of four charming vels that chronicle the gentle way of the Amish through the eyes of a young girl, A Big Year for Lily gives children ages 8-12 a fascinating glimpse into the life of the Amish--and lots of fun and laughter along the way. It combines Mary Ann Kinsinger's real-life stories of growing up Amish and the bestselling writing of Amish fiction and nfiction author Suzanne Woods Fisher. With charming line drawings in each book, this series captures the hearts of readers young and old.
- Author BiographyMary Ann Kinsinger was raised Old Order Amish in Somerset County, Pennsylvania. She met and married her husband, whom she knew from school days, and started a family. After they chose to leave the Amish church, Mary Ann began a blog, A Joyful Chaos, as a way to pass on her warm childhood memories to her own children. From the start, this blog found a ready audience and even captured the attention of key media players, such as the influential blog AmishAmerica and the New York Times. She lives in Pennsylvania. <p/>Suzanne Woods Fisher is the bestselling author of The Choice, The Waiting, The Search, A Lancaster County Christmas, The Keeper, and The Haven, as well as nonfiction books about the Amish, including Amish Peace. Her interest in the Anabaptist cultures can be directly traced to her grandfather, who was raised in the Old Order German Baptist Brethren Church in Franklin County, Pennsylvania. Suzanne is a Christy Award finalist and a Carol Award finalist. She is the host of internet radio show Amish Wisdom, which boasts 15,000 downloads a month, and a columnist for Christian Post and Cooking & Such magazines. She lives in California. Find out more at www.suzannewoodsfisher.com.
- Author(s)Mary Ann Kinsinger,Suzanne Woods Fisher
- PublisherBaker Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/08/2013
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationAda, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRevell, a division of Baker Publishing Group
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.