Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1888, after eight years of waiting and planning, Matt Donahue is finally ready to flee Ireland s oppression and journey to America. He has dreamed of having land of his own and a right to vote. But since the quota for Irish immigration has been filled, Matt must travel to Scotland in order to book passage to America. On the trip, Matt meets a beautiful young woman named Annie Rice. They share a brief but unforgettable kiss, and as Marr starts his journey to America, he is unable to forget her. Once he arrives in New York City, he begins a correspondence with Annie; as he works his way from Pennsylvania to Ohio and, finally, to Minnesota, their love blossoms through the written word. From an iron ore mine in Tower, Minnesota, Matt joins a gold rush to Rainy Lake City and eventually buys a parcel of land outside the small village of Koochiching, Minnesota. Finally with the new home to call his own, he returns to Ireland hoping Annie will marry him. But is she already married? Will she move to America against her mother s wishes? Based on atrue story and filled with vivid historical details, A Bit of Irish Gold beautifully captures the immigrant experience.
- Author(s)Phyllis Karsnia
- Date of Publication22/01/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.