All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $92.82Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $41.02Trending at AU $43.51
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.71
- AU $27.95Trending at AU $29.68
About this product
- DescriptionSenator William Patterson, wealthy and influential, hides a scandal form his past that could ruin him. Stefan Muller, a young penniless immigrant, seeks a promised new life in a land that does t welcome him. When the senator's cherished daughter Elizabeth falls in love with the impoverished Stefan, it creates a family conflict that threatens to destroy them. From a tumultuous and vibrant Sydney to the lyrical landscape of the Barossa Valley, A Bitter Harvest is an epic saga of prejudice, political turmoil and lasting love from one of Australia's favourite storytellers.
- Author BiographyPeter Yeldham's extensive writing career began with short stories, radio scripts and a column for a weekly magazine. He spent twenty years in England, becoming a leading screenwriter for films and television, and also wrote plays for the theatre, including the highly successful comedies Birds on the Wing and Fringe Benefits. Since returning to Australia he has won numerous awards for his miniseries, among them 1915, Captain James Cook, The Alien Years, All the Rivers Run, The Timeless Land and The Heroes. His adaptation of Bryce Courtenay's novel Jessica won a Logie Award for best mini-series. He is the author of ten novels, including Barbed Wire and Roses, The Murrumbidgee Kid, The Currency Lads, Against the Tide, Land of Dreams and A Distant Shore.
- Author(s)Peter Yeldham
- PublisherPenguin Books Australia
- Date of Publication05/01/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationHawthorn
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintPenguin Books Australia
- Weight536 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementRevised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.