Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the blistering heat of the Saharan desert, to the perilous jungles of Southern Sudan, experience four decades of a man's life through the eyes of the one who lived it. Joseph Canaan takes you on a journey spanning four continents and the full range of human emotions. His story is one of hardship and intrigue, yet it is also one of joy, faith, and inspiration. Joseph's life story begins in Sudan, Africa. As a Catholic boy of Lebanese heritage, Joseph grew up in a largely Islamic country learning to live in true harmony with his Muslim brothers and sisters. In the process, he gained a deep respect for all faiths and ways of life, yet also strengthened his own devotion to a Catholic faith that has pulled him through the many dangerous situations related in his story. It is a faith so strong that he once considered becoming a Catholic priest and studied as a seminarian in Rome, Italy. Adventure seekers are sure to find a kindred spirit in Joseph as he relates his camping and hunting stories from across the Sudan. Scorpions, snakes, and tarantulas abound as he makes his first forays into the wilderness beyond his home town of Khartoum. Later, even larger game awaits him as his adventures take him deeper into the African jungles beyond. Largely impassable to western travelers today, Joseph takes you to areas w wracked by war and unspeakable violence. Travel safely through Joseph's eyes to Darfur and Southern Sudan. Experience a beautiful country as it was meant to be seen, long before the ugly hands of gecide, slavery, and civil war scarred the land. Not content to simply lay his eyes on the Sudanese countryside from the ground, Joseph continues his adventures in the skies as he learns to fly powerful agricultural aircrafts. Feel the emotion with him as he skims the earth at knee-trembling altitudes and navigates through hazardous dust storms. Joseph's emotive communication style will place you right in the heart of the action as he survives multiple near-death experiences including multiple plane crashes, as well as narrowly landing a sabotaged aircraft. His aviation aspirations, as well as his constant desire to explore new frontiers, eventually take him to the United States where he lives with his family today. However, his adventures don't end when he leaves the Sudan. Challenges find him wherever he goes. Join Joseph as he takes you through the difficulties faced when emigrating t only to ather country, but ather world altogether. Hardcover ISBN 978-0-9891932-0-7 616 pages 6x9 including 160 photos mostly in color available for purchase only through Ciel Global, LLC .
- Author BiographyAuthor's primary language is Arabic having been born in The Sudan to parents of Lebanese heritage. He is a naturalized American Citizen and the book is published in English. Author is presently a clerk at the United State Postal Service; formerly, an agricultural pilot, and later a flight instructor.
- Author(s)Joseph S Canaan
- PublisherCiel Global, LLC
- Date of Publication01/04/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCiel Global, LLC
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight753 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byEugenia S Canaan
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.