All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionA BOTANICAL NIGHTMARE collects a half-dozen Victorian weird tales featuring the Green Menace -- evil plants that entrap, strangle, and leach the blood of their victims. These six succulent stories of vampiric vegetation include contributions by H.G. Wells, E. & H. Heron, Phil Robinson, and E. Nesbit, as well as an adventure featuring literature's first psychic detective, Mr. Flaxman Low. Included is an introduction by Series Editor Tom English. A BOTANICAL NIGHTMARE is the first volume in the Literary Vampire Series, edited by Tom English and presenting the early English prose and poetry that helped shape Bram Stoker's DRACULA and create an enduring sub-genre of horror fiction.
- Author BiographyTom English is an environmental chemist who enjoys writing weird stuff. His stories have appeared in several print anthologies including Challenger Unbound (KnightWatch Press, May 30, 2015), Gaslight Arcanum: Uncanny Tales of Sherlock Holmes (Edge SF and Fantasy) and Dead Souls (Morrigan Books). Tom also edited the mammoth Bound for Evil: Curious Tales of Books Gone Bad, which was a 2008 Shirley Jackson Award finalist for best anthology. He resides with his wife, Wilma, surrounded by books and beasts, deep in the woods of New Kent, Virginia.
- Author(s)Tom English
- PublisherDead Letter Press
- Date of Publication26/06/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHorror & Ghost Stories
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDead Letter Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight163 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Edited byTom English
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.