Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.99Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionCharting the rise and development of Christianity, Carter Lindberg has succeeded in writing a concise and compelling history of the world's largest religion. He spans over 2,000 years of colorful incident to give an authoritative history of Christianity for both the general reader and the beginning student. * Ranges from the missionary journeys of the apostles to the tele-evangelism of the twenty-first century. * Demonstrates how the Christian community received and forged its identity from its development of the Bible to the present day. * Covers topics fundamental to understanding the course of Western Christianity, including the growth of the papacy, heresy and schism, reformation and counter-reformation. * Includes an introduction to the historiography of Christianity, a te on the problems of periodization, an appendix on theological terms, and a useful bibliography. * An authoritative yet succinct history, written to appeal to a general audience as well as students of the history of Christianity. * Written by internationally regarded theologian, Carter Lindberg, who is the author of numerous titles on theology and Church history.
- Author BiographyCarter Lindberg is Professor Emeritus of Church History at Boston University. His recent publications include The Pietist Theologians (2004), The Reformation Theologians (2001), The European Reformations Sourcebook (1999), and The European Reformations (1996), all available via Blackwell Publishing.
- Author(s)Carter Lindberg
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication28/10/2005
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Series TitleBlackwell Brief Histories of Religion
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight448 g
- Width148 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.