Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionIn an attempt to highlight the severity of the appropriation and manipulation of science and techlogy, Mike Bennett investigates the history of both from a revolutionary new perspective. He takes a unique look at the combined history of science and techlogy, detailing examples of manipulation of ground-breaking science by the intelligence community. One such example is that of Wernher von Braun. When he was taken to America in 1945, it was kept from the general public that von Braun was a Major in the SS, reporting directly to SS General Hans Kammler, who had been using slave labour from the concentration camps to build V2 rockets. Kammler's achievements and the towering advances made by his group of scientists and engineers were truly ground-breaking and the security system that he put in place to surround and protect these operations was never broken. This marked the start of what we w refer to as black project operations, and the system has since been replicated worldwide. Focussing on the manipulation of techlogical advances, A Brief History of Science with Levity encourages readers to look more closely at the information disclosed to us about modern science. An extensively researched book, it is full of primary sources, ranging from leading politicians to leaders of rogue nations, diplomats to common thieves and billionaire heads of industry to beggars. This book will appeal to those interested in science and history.
- Author BiographyMike Bennett graduated from the University of Manchester in 1979 with a joint honours degree in Physics and Geology. He has since worked in the energy industry, initially working in general engineering and then progressing to design and manufacturing, before working in consulting. Mike has a can-do philosophy and has overcome many challenges throughout his career using innovative solutions.
- Author(s)Mike Bennett
- PublisherTroubador Publishing
- Date of Publication28/05/2015
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationMarket Harborough
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Width127 mm
- Height198 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.