All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- DescriptionBamber Gascoigne's classic book tells of the most fascinating period of Indian history, the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries, when the country was ruled by the extraordinarily talented dynasty of emperors kwn to European travellers as 'the Great Moghuls', for their almost limitless power and incomparable wealth. Here is a unique picture of the way of life of India's most flamboyant rulers - their sublime palaces, their passions, art, science and religion, and their sophisticated system of administration that stabilized the greater part of India and was later adopted by the British. Acclaimed by travellers and scholars alike, and beautifully illustrated in colour, this is a book for anyone with an interest in India's glorious past and achievements.
- Author BiographyBamber Gasgoigne won scholarships to Eton and Cambridge, and a Harkness Fellowship to Yale. He presented television's University Challenge for 25 years and has written several books, including The Treasures and Dynasties of China and A Brief History of the Dynasties of China.
- Author(s)Bamber Gascoigne
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication30/05/2002
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleBrief Histories
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRobinson Publishing
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight260 g
- Width133 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback,B-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.