All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $30.04
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $72.23
- AU $23.61Trending at AU $25.91
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $54.20
- AU $45.93Trending at AU $54.15
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.32
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionA beautiful love story and contemporary fairytale set against the backdrop of the Iraq war, this stunning and moving vel will break your heart, only to put it back together again...This is the story of Lina, a teenage girl from Baghdad. It starts in 2003, as the bombs begin to fall on the city. In it, Lina fights to survive, to find a life for herself amid the chaos of war, to find what happened to her mother in the years before the war, when she was taken away by the secret police. She also falls in love, with the one person she should never have fallen in love with. It is many things. It is a love story, both for a country and for a person. It is about an amazing girl, growing up in the worst circumstances imaginable. It contains a necklace, that was lost but might still be found. And that is all we can say, without ruining this extraordinary and beautiful modern fairy tale...
- Author BiographyKerry Drewery lives in Lincolnshire. Active in Bookstart and the winner of a BBC writing prize, she was inspired to research and write about Iraq by the questions of her own children about the war.
- Author(s)Kerry Drewery
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication07/06/2012
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Children's Books
- Weight200 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.