All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf you want to learn how to conform to confound, raze hopes, succeed your successor, order absence in the absence of order, win by losing and think contrapositively, look further. Here you can unlock the secrets of Plato's void, Wittgenstein's investigations, Schopenhauer's intelligence test, Voltaire's big bet, Russell's slip of the pen and lobster logic. Among your discoveries will be why the egg came before the chicken, what the dishwasher missed, and just what it was that made Descartes disappear. Experience the unbearable lightness of logical conclusions in Professor Sorensen's intriguing cabinet of riddles, problems, paradoxes, puzzles and the amalies of human utterance. As you accompany him on investigations into the mysteries of truth, falsehood, reason and delusion, prepare to be surprised, enlightened, mystified and, above all, entertained.
- Author BiographyRoy Sorensen never told you that he is the son of Ted Sorensen, President Kennedy's speech writer and confidant. For it is not true. Roy Sorensen is a professor of philosophy at Washington University in St. Louis. He is the author of Seeing Dark Things; A Brief History of the Paradox; Thought Experiments; and Blindspots.
- Author(s)Roy Sorensen
- PublisherProfile Books Ltd
- Date of Publication03/03/2016
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintProfile Books Ltd
- Weight478 g
- Width144 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsTrade binding
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.