All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.25
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.47
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.42
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.47
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.41
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.60
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.42
About this product
- DescriptionThe small boy was trying to climb over the wall surrounding the labyrinth when he heard the elderly people back home shouting at him to go back to bed. His grip on the wall loosened and he fell, awaking from his dream to find himself w seventy years older, seated as usual in his armchair watching people around him involved in busy discussions. His problem of t hearing well sometimes placed him in 'a cage without bars' whenever he happened to be in a big group. The dream of the labyrinth took on different aspects: he waded through multiple environments crowded with people who, coping with different problems themselves, faced the same isolation that left them all politely igred by others. Coming out of the labyrinth, he found that the circumstances of his dream had evaporated. All the same, the beauty in life does t evaporate ...
- Author BiographyIbrahim Yared was born in Egypt in 1925 and trained as an electrical engineer. He worked in Lebanon as a consultant for fifty years before retiring. He is the author of In the Middle of Nowhere: A Quest for Belonging and Watching from a Distance, also published by Saqi Books.
- Author(s)Ibrahim Yared
- PublisherSaqi Books
- Date of Publication09/10/2002
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSaqi Books
- Content Note9 illustrations
- Weight168 g
- Width135 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.