Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.45
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.66
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.65
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.12
- AU $41.01Trending at AU $43.46
- AU $28.54Trending at AU $30.77
About this product
- DescriptionA Case of the Vapors is a collection of 14 short stories with the following titles: A Case of the Vapors - a story about methane, stock tips from drunks, and gas sex. Half of a Teleportation Machine - a unique use for the transmit half of a teleportation machine. The Other Half of a Teleportation Machine - the receive chamber of a teleportation machine receives some very strange things. The Iron Sergeant - A WWI sergeant tries to protect his men as they go over the top. The Battling Bastards of Bataan - those famous Battling Bastards get some help from an unusual source Himself - a man is confronted by his older self who has come back through time Trial By Chamber - a terrorist is sentenced to a very unusual punishment On the Shore - a sailor walks ashore after an apocalyptic war and meets a strange woman T Man - a man with unusual abilities takes on an organized crime figure Weapons Ultimate - alien beings try to eliminate life on Earth Hiding Place - a man and a woman run from invading aliens A Tooth For a Tooth - a young boy takes his revenge on an uncaring dentist Modern Vampires - a man looks to kill some vampires, but they are t so easy to dispose of Death Penalty - a bloodthirsty goverr picks the wrong man to execute to prove how tough the goverr is on crime
- Author BiographyJohn Campbell is the author of seven novels, a collection of short stories, and one nonfiction book. Using his experience as a U.S. Naval officer, and his extensive experience in the aerospace industry, he began his first novel in 1976 with a story about an attempt by North Korean special forces to hijack a U.S. nuclear aircraft carrier. Fifteen years later Raid On Truman was published in hardbound and paperback and was translated into Japanese for hardbound and paperback sales in Japan. That was the fulfillment of a dream to become a published novelist. He sold a second novel on the heels of the first. COBRA DANE was published in paperback in 1995. A third novel, Sub Zero, quickly followed and was published in 1996 along with publication in Japan. John has written four more novels, Vauclain's Shield, Hidden Sun, These Final Hours, and The Telekinetic Man and a screenplay derived from The Telekinetic Man and is in the process of trying to sell them. Another book was published in 2003 just before the Iraqi War. Desert War was a nonfiction look at how the war might be conducted, weapons systems, intelligence gathering, and forces on both sides. While John was the author, his daughter, Christine researched the work. Influenced initially by the works of Ian Fleming and his brand of no-holds-barred action and intrigue, John has tried to bring to readers that same action elements, but with a large dose of sobering reality. Violence has profound consequences and the characters within John's novels feel all the passion and agony of real people. Raid On Truman, COBRA DANE, Sub Zero, Vauclain's Shield, These Final Hours, The Telekinetic Man, and Hidden Sun are available on Amazon's Kindle Store. Note that COBRA DANE has for its cover image a picture of the actual COBRA DANE radar on the island of Shemya in the Aleutians. Vauclain's Shield's cover image has a photo of actual reentry vehicles passing through the atmosphere over Kwajalein Atoll in the South Pacific, and Raid On Truman has a real picture of the USS Harry Truman taken by the author. A collection of fourteen sci-fi/horror/paranormal short stories, A Case of the Vapors was added to the Kindle store in August 2013. These stories run the gamut from the humorous A Case of the Vapors to the somber, but hopeful, The Iron Sergeant. John's literary website is http: //johntcampbell.com/.
- Author(s)John T Campbell
- Date of Publication03/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight245 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.