All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.63
- AU $86.86Trending at AU $95.16
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.93
- AU $11.66Trending at AU $16.47
- AU $14.54Trending at AU $15.57
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.28
About this product
- DescriptionEven before Ebola virus transmission occurred on US soil, outbreaks of viral infections had the potential to cause serious illness and death. Unlike bacterial infections for which a plethora of drugs are available to successfully cure patients, there are few therapeutic agents available to effectively treat serious viral infections. Discovery and clinical testing of new drugs for treatment of viruses such as Ebola, HIV, CMV, adevirus, and enterovirus are toriously difficult. A mysterious cluster of infections with the H6N12 influenza A virus is evolving and causing multiple hospitalizations in the college town of Ann Arbor, Michigan. Unfortunately, there are approved antiviral drugs for treating this infection. Doctor Michael McCabe and Doctor Jeanine Dunn spend the majority of their time treating critically ill patients in the Medical and Pediatric Intensive Care units at the local Arbor Regional Medical Center. They are also the principal investigators on the study of a potential new antiviral, danamivir, in the infected patients. As the study progresses, it becomes clear that some Medical Staff members at Arbor Regional have conflicting stakes in the outcome of the study. Neither Jeanine r Michael ever suspected that their close and successful involvement with the danamivir research study would ultimately place their lives in jeopardy.
- Author BiographyC.C. Rudd was an Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at Duke University Medical Center. Dr. Rudd resides with her husband in Durham, North Carolina.
- Author(s)C C Rudd
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication29/05/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.