All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionFrederick Leigh Gardner (1857-1930) was a well-kwn British occultist who belonged to societies including the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, the Freemasons, the Societas Rosicruciana in Anglia and the Theosophical Society. Born to spiritualist parents, Gardner worked as a stockbroker and later became an antiquarian bookseller. He planned a detailed catalogue of books on the occult sciences to cover Rosicrucian, astrological, Masonic and alchemical writings. Volume 4 was never published; the others were printed privately between 1903 and 1912 in runs of 300 copies each, and reprinted in 1923. This single-volume reissue of Gardner's important reference work contains the first editions of all three volumes, including the w extremely rare Volume 3. Introductions by Gardner's friend William Wynn Westcott (1848-1925), coroner, ceremonial magician, and Supreme Magus of the Rosicrucians of England, respectively cover the history of the Rosicrucians, the history of astrology, and English Masonic Lodge histories.
- Author(s)F. Leigh Gardner
- PublisherCambridge Library Collection
- Date of Publication14/06/2011
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleCambridge Library Collection - Spiritualism and Esoteric Knowledge
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note2 b/w illus.
- Weight420 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Introduction byWilliam Wynn Westcott
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.